Mutt Lover: I Can't Tell The Difference. Can You Tell The Difference?


I Can't Tell The Difference. Can You Tell The Difference?

Are you thinking about going to a 'breeder' to buy one of the new 'designer breeds' out there? You know the ones - the Morkie, the Schnoodle, the Labradoodle, etc...

You should know that these are not breeds - they are mutts. Pure and simple. Someone took one breed of dog and mated it with a completely different breed of dog. The result is a mixed-breed dog. Which is fine. Don't get me wrong. I have nothing against mutts. I love mutts, hence the name of the blog - Mutt Lover.

The problem lies with the so-called breeders, and the amount of money they charge for their mutts. Get ready to pay upwards of $1500 for one of these mixed-breed dogs. I don't know about you, but that's a lot of scratch for the average Joe.

A better alternative would be to go to your local animal shelter or rescue group, or to go Petfinder. There are hundreds of these exact types of mixes out there for the mere cost of a spay/neuter. Don't believe me? Then take this quiz. It pretty much proves the point, don't you think? ;)
« Home | Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »
| Next »

» Post a Comment